Member of the International Bar Association.
Resides and works in Asia.
I believe in making the law accessible and affordable for everyone, and have built an international law firm with partners, Isaan Lawyers, on those values.
Since 2006, our firm’s proven track record has earned recommendations from satisfied clients and embassies in Thailand.
My background includes training with some of the world’s best lawyers (Pierre Poupart in Canada) and working for other law firms, including Girouard Peris Goldenberg Pappas and Siam-Legal. These experiences have given me the skillset, moral compass, and roadmap to use my knowledge for good.
- Excellent knowledge of computer (Joomla, WordPress, SQL, Photoshop, database, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of International Law developed after years of working with clients all around the world in different fields of Law.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Strong leadership capability and ability to work autonomously.
- Open mindedness towards other cultures.
- Fully bilingual in French and English; basic knowledge of Spanish and Mandarin Chinese, and growing fluency in Thai (including literacy) after living in Thailand since 2004. Web authorship (www.ThaiLawOnline.com) and editing (www.isaan.com).
CERTIFICATES & MEMBERSHIPS
- Admitted to the Bar of Quebec
- Member of the International Bar Association (IBA)
- Former active member of Quebec Lawyer’s Abroad (AHQ)
- Also involved in different projects and associations.
- University of Montreal, Canada
- Bachelor of Arts and Sciences, (B.Sc.)1992-1999.
- Bachelor of Law (LL.B.) 1993-1999.
- Diploma in Political Science 1993
- Diploma in Criminology 1999
- Bar School of Quebec, Montreal, Canada. 1996-1997.
- Independent study into Thai, International Civil and Criminal law
Through my decade-long immersion in China and Thailand, I am proficient in Asian culture, humanitarian issues, International, Civil and Common Law.
- Isaan Lawyers: (Thailand) 2007 to present. I am the founder of this law firm that provides professional legal services to foreigners and Thai nationals. Living or working abroad can be challenging. Isaan Lawyers is there to make things easier for foreigners. We also developed Thai clients with the years based on client’s satisfaction and word-of-mouth. I completely manage the staff, files, clients in coordination of our Thai registered attorneys. Our legal services are accessible and convenient for multinational clients. They appreciate our ethical conduct and full-service team of Thai and foreign registered lawyers, accountants, translators, and paralegals.
- Siam Legal (Thailand) 2007. Siam Legal is one of the largest legal networks in Thailand with several offices all around the country. I managed the Pattaya’s branch office.
- Poupart Marquis, Avocats. (Canada) 2000-2002. I was working for this high profile law firm from August 2000 to August 2002. My duties included meeting clients, planning and organizing Court’s files and preparing all kinds of documents. We had both French and English cases. The clients of this law firm include the first woman accused of genocide in the world.
I started working in Law around 1993-1994 as student intern for Girouard, Peris, Goldenberg, Pappas et Brabant.
- Lifetime member of Club Canada Thailand and voluntarily developed their website.
- Representative elected for Asia, Australia, Africa and South America at the Quebec Lawyers Abroad Association in 2012.
- Contributed to Lawyers Without Frontiers.
- Student Association participant, Fédération Etudiante Universitaire du Québec, 1992 – 2000.
- President of the « Coopérative d’habitation Aux DeuxOliviers », a social housing committee in Canada, 2000. Volunteer work.
- President and Director of the « Prisoner’s Rights Comittee » in Canada 2000 – 2002, a volunteer non-profit service within the criminal justice system.
- President of « Tel-Resources » and frequent volunteer from 1993 – 2000.
- Co-writer and project manager, «Le droit des personnes incarcérées: Les règles, la réalité et les ressouces. Éditions Meridiens, Collection Cursus Universitaire. 2002. I gave my copyrights to a charity organisation in Canada.
- « Criminal Record and Employment », an article in French co-authored with Jean Claude Bernheim, a well-known criminologist and university teacher. That was published in 2013.
- Dozens more legal articles at http://www.ThaiLawOnline.com
Client testimonials are available online at:
Further references are available on request. You can consult the following websites for more information :
http://www.linkedin.com/in/sebastianbrousseau (more than 900 endorsements)
Last updated : 20 October 2014.